In recent times, cosmetic dentistry has become pretty popular. More people are heading towards dental offices to get their smile improved. The most common methods of smile improvement include whitening and veneers.
In this article, we are going to talk about the facts related to whitening of teeth.
- There are several factors that can affect the whitening of your teeth. Those factors mainly include your diet. Coffee, wine, smoking and certain types of foods can discolor the teeth greatly.
- If you are not cleaning your teeth regularly, the plaque on the teeth can accumulate further to convert into calculus, also known as tartar. Tartar can also change the color of your teeth.
- Stains can also exist under the surface. Such stains are usually caused by use of antibiotics and/or tiny cracks which allow stains to be absorbed.
- The natural color of your teeth is what you get when you get your teeth erupted. Therefore, the teeth whitening procedure is not exactly a whitening process. It is the process of removing the surface stains.
- Typically, the effects of whitening should remain there for 3 years but it can also vary from person-to-person. If you like to eat foods with strong color, the effects of whitening is not going to stay for long.
- Teeth whitening process is not aimed at removing the deep stains.
- If you want to avoid stains on your teeth, you are going to have to make sure that you are avoiding excessive consumption of the foods which can stain your teeth. If you smoke, you can stop doing it to avoid stains.
Tips to whiten your teeth
Apart from the generalized tips to whiten your teeth, we are here to discuss the practical tips which you need to consider when you plan on getting your teeth whitened.
- While the prices of overseas products may seem quite tempting, you need to avoid using those products. The benefit of using local products is that you can make a good research about the manufacturers before buying the products. On the other hand, you will not be sure about the quality of product that you order to be shipped to your country.
- If you think that you are going to need to get your teeth whitened, you need to talk with your dentist about it. They are the qualified people who know about the right compositions to whiten your teeth quite effectively. It means that if you think that you are going to need the use of slightly abrasive ingredients for teeth whitening, you are going to have to get a recommendation by your dentist.
- If a beautician offers you the teeth whitening treatment, he or she, by definition, is breaking the law. Therefore, you need to make sure that you are getting the teeth whitening treatment which is legal. And you will have to visit your dentist for this purpose.
Teeth’s whitening is not all about brightening of your teeth. It is also about making sure that you are not compromising over your dental health and strength. Therefore, the teeth whitening treatment you are planning to get should be right according to the prescription.